Wednesday, March 28, 2012


Hei semua,

Guess what is red and white, and black all over?  My nearly completed wayang puppet! Yay!


Actually it has quite a bit of color now, but I've been waiting all day to make that joke ;)
Sunday was an interesting day, to say the least.  Melissa and I, after a little searching, made it to the church we planned on going to in Denpasar.  I was so happy to be there when we arrived, but it was certainly a different kind of church than both of us were used to, but it made me so thankful for the church family I have to go home to :)  Later on we went to a shopping center to eat lunch (McDonalds!) and guess who we saw? Mirah, our the program director assistant!!  It had been a pretty stressful morning and I was so happy to see a familiar face, especially of someone I like so much!  Melissa and I then had lunch with Mirah and her best friend (who didn't speak English), which was really nice.  Later on the two of us met up with one of our local friends and his little brothers so that Melissa and he could camera shop.  Afterwards we went to a beach in Sanur and played around in the water.  We found a star fish, which was pretty cool because I've never touched one that was alive before.  Here's a picture of our santai (chill) spot, taken by Melissa:


After that, we filled up on some Indo food and headed home.  It ended up being a really nice day!
Since then, not much has happened around in the village.  We start our independent study projects (ISPs) in about a week and a half, so everyone has spent time preparing for that, as well as finishing art projects.  My week has been consumed with wayang, ISP, language, and some pretty sweet weather.  Hopefully I can add dancing to that list tonight, because we haven't had a lesson in about two weeks, and I am getting rusty :)
      This afternoon I heard a rumor of a grocery store near my town (I haven't been to one in about a month!) so I am headed out to explore.

Sampai jumpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment